No Events on The List at This Time
About NeGIS: The amount of data and services supported by Information Systems (ISs) has increased exponentially during the last few years. Recent developments have shown an inversion towards decentralization and distribution of
The amount of data and services supported by Information Systems (ISs) has increased exponentially during the last few
years. Recent developments have shown an inversion towards decentralization and distribution of applications and services
in the huge pool of devices and computing facilities available nearer to the customers. This shift is driven by the Internet of
Things, which is further increasing the amount of data to be stored and computed. Fog Computing is the last frontier for ISs,
where data and services can be moved in the continuum of resources between the cloud and the edge.
In this workshop we aim to collect contributions investigating issues related to the management of cloud and fog
computing in modern information systems with a focus, but not limited, on energy efficiency, security, and privacy, their
relations and trade-off with other requirements such as response time and throughput. We are considering both the
application components of the information system with their complexity, as well as the management of the data used by
Topics of interest:
○ Modelling, Monitoring, and Managing Cloud and Fog computing solutions
○ Models, methods, and tools for data management in Cloud and Fog Computing
○ Energy-awareness and sustainability in Distributed Information Systems
○ Quality of Service, energy efficiency and security in Fog Computing
○ Blockchain proposals for IoT and edge devices
○ Blockchain-based architectures for Fog Computing
○ Distributed and Federated Learning in heterogeneous Information Systems
○ Synergy between Distributed Information Systems and the Internet of Things
○ Security and privacy solutions for next generation Information Systems
All Day (Tuesday)
Abstract / Registration deadline
30nov01decBLOCKCHAIN CHALLENGE 2019: hackathonCollaborate, get involved, and contribute to the hackathon to find the solution to the challenge of the selective waste collection!ESPAI BITal, Carrer de José Agustín Goytisolo, 22 Event Organized By: Departament de Polítiques Digitals i Administració Pública
Blockchain Challenge is a 24h non-stop hackathon to define and develop a system based on Blockchain technology. EVENT OBJECTIVES Identify citizens and economic activities that generate municipal waste using a mobile
Blockchain Challenge is a 24h non-stop hackathon to define and develop a system based on Blockchain technology.
- Identify citizens and economic activities that generate municipal waste using a mobile application, recording their behavior in a chain of blocks, for selective collection, and encouraging good behavior.
- Promote the use of Blockchain technology and new technologies through the definition and development of new proposals for a system of tracking, monitoring, an incentive for the selective collection of municipal waste.
- Create an inspirational and NETWORKING ecosystem between experts in blockchain technology, programmers, UX/UI developers, and other profiles with which to share knowledge and experiences.
Blockchain Challenge és una hackató presencial de 24h de durada (non stop) per definir i desenvolupar un sistema basat en tecnologia Blockchain.
OBJECTIUS DE LA COMPETICIÓ
- Identificar als ciutadans i les activitats econòmiques generadores de residus municipals utilitzant una aplicació mòbil i enregistrar el seu comportament a la cadena de blocs, vers la recollida selectiva, per tal de d’incentivar un bon comportament.
- Promoure l’ús de la tecnologia Blockchain i les noves tecnologies a través de la definició i desenvolupament de noves propostes per a un sistema de seguiment, monitoratge i incentivació de la recollida selectiva de residus municipals.
- Crear un ecosistema d’inspiració i networking entre els experts en tecnologia Blockchain, programadors/es, desenvolupadors/es UX/UI i, així com d’altres perfils amb els quals compartir coneixements i experiències.
November 30 (Saturday) 10:00 am - December 1 (Sunday) 10:00 am
20nov1:15 pm2:15 pmCo-creation Workshop at the Smart City Expo World Congress 2019 with Barcelona citizens showing the CO3 co-design toolkitSmart City Expo World Congress, Barcelona, Gran Via Venue Event Organized By: FUB
Ruth S. Contreras, and Alejandro Blanco, researchers from Fundació Universitària Balmes (FUB), will conduct the workshop "Digital Disruptive Technologies to Co-create, Co-produce and Co-manage Open Public Services along with
Ruth S. Contreras, and Alejandro Blanco, researchers from Fundació Universitària Balmes (FUB), will conduct the workshop “Digital Disruptive Technologies to Co-create, Co-produce and Co-manage Open Public Services along with Citizens” in the Smart City Expo 2019, the world’s leading event for cities in Barcelona (Spain).
FUB C/ Sagrada Família, 7, 08500 Vic, Barcelona, SPAIN
19novAll Day21Sharing cities action 2019The Encounter 2019’s Sharing Cities Stand Lab offers a three-day programme. Smart City Expo World Congress, Barcelona, Gran Via Venue Event Organized By: Sharing Cities Action
The Encounter 2019’s Sharing Cities Stand Lab offers a three-day programme. Its aim? To come up with alternative models for the future, focusing on three main topics: (1) Economic Models
The Encounter 2019’s Sharing Cities Stand Lab offers a three-day programme. Its aim? To come up with alternative models for the future, focusing on three main topics: (1) Economic Models & the Future of Labour; (2) Inclusion & Gender; and (3) Data.
From 19 to 21 November, the Sharing Cities Stand Lab will host various activities, making it the perfect chance to get to know the sharing cities ecosystem and have an impact on 700 cities and more than 21,000 attendees at the Smart City Expo World Congress.
|Tuesday 19th November|
|Time||Session||Stand Lab space||Language|
|New Deal for the Future of Data Commons: Data Commons Manifesto||Open Forum||English|
|Data Commons Workshop||Workshop Area|
|Actions Resulting from Declaration of Sharing Cities and Coming Sharing Cities Agenda||Open Forum||English|
|Feminist Digital Economy: What is a feminist platform, enterprise or/and policy?||Open Forum||English|
|Gender Meet up: 1) Lightning talks around inclusive initiatives around tech 2)#meetoo at FLOSS||Open Forum||English|
|Cities Encounter: Lightning Talks. Cities key insights on sharing economy policies.||Open Forum||English|
|Climate Change Barcelona Hackathon 2030||Workshop Area||English|
|Wednesday 20th November|
|Time||Session||Stand Lab space||Language|
|City Sovereignty and Data Policies: focus on tourism platforms||Open Forum||English|
|Data and Gender: the importance of data with gender perspective in public policies||Open Forum||English|
|The Future of Mobility||Open Forum||English|
|Gaming Workshop Session: How digital disruptive technologies to co-create, co-produce and co-manage open public services along with citizens, can build and asses benefits (and risks) of disruptive technologies, namely: blockchain, augmented reality, geolocated social network, liquid democracy tools and gamification.||Workshop Area||English|
|New Currencies, New World||Open Forum||English|
|Eco-Sustainable Panel||Open Forum||English|
|Researchers Networking Meetup||Workshop Area||English|
|Labour & Digital Platforms||Open Forum||English|
|Cities and Wikiprojects||Open Forum||English|
|Viable Cities and Sharing Cities Sweden: The impacts of a national program for the sharing economy in cities and how to reach climate neutral cities though sharing. Sharing Cities Test-beds in Gothenburg, Stockholm and Umea.||Open Forum||English|
|Thursday 21th November|
|Time||Session||Participants||Stand Lab space||Language|
|Design Justice in Urban Planning and Other Narratives||Sasha Constanza (MIT, Design Justice Network) and Catherine D’Ignazio (MIT and Emerson College)||Open Forum||English|
|Policy Lab Workshop: Platform Economy Canvas.||Open Forum||English|
|Procomuns Meetup: Co-creation Lab. Recommendations for policies for Commons Collaborative Economies, and concrete actions for the Municipal Action Plan of Barcelona.||Workshop Area||Catalan|
|Social Innovation, Sharing Economy and Policies at Catalan Level and Metropolitan Area of Barcelona Meet up||Open Forum||Catalan, Spanish|
|Comunificadora and Innobadora||Open Forum||English|
|Tech Sovereignty and the Commons||Workshop Area||English|
|Closing Party Sharing Cities Action Stand Lab!||Open Forum|
november 19 (Tuesday) - 21 (Thursday)
Sharing Cities Actioninfo@sharingcitiesaction.net